22nd April is set for Greater Accra Hockey Association League
Greater Accra Hockey Association (GAHA), last Saturday, met to discus some pertaining issues related their 2016 budget and some progressive plans to improve the Greater Accra Hockey Association League this season.
Members of the various clubs represented in their numbers to deliberate on issues that affects the association and the league. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Oti Mensah- secretary who said the meeting couldn’t be adjudged as an AGM. He pointed that the Chairman and Vice had sought permission to some matters of urgency.
After 2 hours of hot debates between the association and club representatives, these were some decisions that both parties agreed.
1. Security Services and Civilian Men Teams are to pay GHc2000 and Financial Institutions to pay Ghc4000 as subscriptions.
The 4000 paid by the financial institutions will have Ghc 2000 being used to support the Youth League.
However, after going through the audited statement of accounts, it was advised that the youth teams have an account kept on their expenses.
2. Youth female teams are to play non scoring amongst the security services, however cards will be recorded in such matches.
3. A member advised that GAHA supports isports360 to deliver the work on media and cut down expenses on media in the statent of accounts but according to the chairman there would be no monies allocated for media this year.
4. Legon became an alternative for playing some matches in the league since the pitch user fee charged by the Ghana Hockey Association was cumbersome. It was finally agreed that we still use the astro turf all round and send a petition for cost to be reduced. If its not reduced, Legon may be considered as venue for some matches next season.
5. Letters to clubs for commencement of league – 20/03/2017
6. Registration begins and submission of cards to association – 27/03/2017
7. Fixtures will be out after registration and payment of subscriptions should be done before the commencement of the league, else a team will be denied play.
8. Its going to be a two round league starting on the 22nd April after a heated debate with some members suggesting for the league to start on the 8th.
9. Teams with outstanding subscriptions were reminded to pay before the league start else they wouldn’t be allowed the league. Team that do not pay their current subscriptions on time, would noThe also be allowed to participate in this year’s league.
10. In other to cut down cost, two instead of three trained medical experts would be sought to cater for any form on injuriy while games are going on.